Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Hospitality Services Terms & Conditions
CONVIN S.A is the official Congress partner for hospitality services (i.e. hotel accommodation, land arrangements etc) and is the only agency offering hospitality services on behalf of the 6th European Congress for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology – ECBIP 2021.
CONVIN S.A. taking into consideration the global situation, provides a choice of hotels which are flexible with the cancelation terms and at the same time aligned with COVID 19 protocols, concerning certification & compliance.
Individual Reservations: Participants can book their hotel room/ other services online at the official ECBIP 2021 physical attendance online registration form
Group Reservations: For group bookings (5 rooms or more) please contact ECBIP 2021 Congress hospitality services team by e-mail: email@example.com. Group reservations are not accepted online as different terms and conditions apply.
Indicative benefits for Group Reservations:
- An ideal selection of hotels next to the conference venue and in other central locations
- Group check-in
- Hospitality desk at the hotel during conference dates
- Dedicated personnel before the conference and onsite to support your stay in Athens
Hotel Reservation Terms
- Room rates are quoted in Euro, per room, per night, including Breakfast and VAT.
- Please note that a new tax is charged for Greek accommodation units and imposed as of January 1, 2018. According to this “stayover tax”, the amount of 1,50 euros will be applied in three-star hotels, 3,00 euros in four-star hotels and 4,00 euros in 4* Superior and 5-star hotels, on top of the room rate per night. These amounts should be paid directly at the hotel by the guests.
- Check-in time is 15:00; check-out time is 11:00 (amended due to COVID-19).
- Rooms are available from April 21st until April 24th, 2021. Any query for extension of dates will be handled upon request and is subject to hotels’ availability.
- The official accommodation partner for the ECBIP 2021 Congress is CONVIN S.A. Any queries regarding the accommodation should be addressed only to CONVIN S.A. Please note that hotels will not accept any changes, cancellations or payments directly except the stayover tax direct settlement mentioned above.
- No reservation will be handled without the accommodation form fully completed and accompanied by the full credit card details or bank transfer receipt for the payment.
- A pre booking confirmation will be sent by email within 7 working days of the properly filled in accommodation form receipt and relevant payment.
- The final confirmation will be sent after full payment has been received.
- The selected services’ total amount should be received in its entirety. The bank charges are additional and are the responsibility of the payer.
- In case taxes and / or VAT change, the Professional Congress Organizer reserves the right to change the rates accordingly.
- All bank charges associated with any refund will be the responsibility of the delegate.
- You are kindly requested to advise the Professional Congress Organizer for any special requirements you may have (disabled person, specific dietary requirements, non-smoking room etc) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any pre-post Congress date bookings must be fully paid after the confirmation of the availability, within the specific deadline date given through correspondence by CONVIN S.A.
- Your accommodation booking will be secured and valid only upon receipt of the full payment to CONVIN S.A (Professional Congress Organizer & Official Housing Agency), within 7 working days. In case of payment through Bank Transfer, please forward the bank slip for cross-reference purposes to our Hospitality Department at email@example.com. Upon receipt of the respective amount, your accommodation booking will be confirmed by e-mail. In case no payment is received within 7 working days from submission of this form, the Professional Congress Organizer will have the right to cancel the reservation.
- CONVIN S.A cannot be held liable for any damage or loss of any hotel property during the stay of the guests/ delegates. The guests will be exclusively and solely responsible for any damage or loss caused in the hotel rooms, or any public areas within the hotels’ premises.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, your stay in Athens during the ECBIP 2021 Congress is under your own responsibility.
Any cancellation of your hotel booking is acceptable only in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The below mentioned cancellation terms apply only on the Congress dates April 21st, April 22nd, and April 23rd 2021. Pre or Post-Congress extra dates, will be granted with full cancellation charges after their final confirmation and payment.
- For written cancellations received until January 22nd 2021, no cancellation fees will apply.
- For written cancellations received between until January 23rd and February 22nd 2021, a charge of one (1) night stay will apply.
- For written cancellations received between February 23rd and March 8th 2021, a charge of two (2) nights’ stay will apply.
- From March 9th 2021 onwards: No refund granted for any cancellation received, unless there is an official travel ban on the delegate’s country.
- In case of change of the arrival date, or check-in time, please inform the Professional Congress Organizer in advance, so that your reservation will not be considered as non-show.
- Full cancellation fees apply for Non-shows.
Alterations / Name changes Policy
- Name changes to the room bookings should be communicated simultaneously in writing by e-mail to email@example.com, otherwise the initial reservation will be automatically considered as cancelled.
- In case of name change until April 1st 2021, an administration charge of € 30 applies (per room).
- After April 1st, 2021 no alterations/ name changes will be accepted or, therefore, made.
- Alterations in the total days of stay will be subject to the cancellation policy hereby mentioned.
All refunds will be processed one (1) month after the closing of the conference and bank charges associated with this will be the responsibility of the delegate.
Liability and Insurance
No right to further claims or waiving of fees will arise, should the Organizers be obliged to alter the programming of Congress proceedings.
Participants are encouraged to make arrangements on their own insurance regarding health, cancellation, travel, loss of personal possessions, accident, etc. The EABIP, HTAIP and the ECBIP 2021 Professional Congress Organizer (CONVIN S.A.) accept no liability.
In the event of serious, special or unforeseen circumstances beyond their control, the organizers shall be entitled to cancel or modify the dates of the event. You shall not be entitled to compensation for any loss or damages incurred as a consequence of such a cancellation or change.
Data Privacy Statement
The information you supply in the online form is required to process your registration and will be held in the customer data files of the organizer(s). They may be used for marketing and communication purposes only by the EABIP, HTAIP and the Professional Congress Organizer (CONVIN S.A.), within the context of this event or other educational meetings of the same or similar thematic.
You have the absolute right to access, amend and oppose any use of this personal data by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The information included in the abstract(s) that you submit will be made available to the Congress reviewers.
The information you provide to us will remain in the Company’s archives, in electronic format and access will only be allowed to persons under the control of the Company and only on its instructions, in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Your personal data will be maintained by the Company as long as no explicit objection has been stated. In any case you retain the rights provided by the applicable law (i.e the right to request access to/or correct your personal data, to oppose to the processing of all or some of them, to have your personal data deleted after completion of your participation in the Congress etc.).
To exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or for any issue referring to the use of your personal data, please contact the Organizers in writing at email@example.com. To ensure that your personal data are used according to your wishes, we urge you to mind the Data Privacy section and respective authorizations, when filling in your registration form.
You are strongly advised to be alert for unauthorized agents who may contact you directly by email or phone, offering their services.
(CONVIN S.A.) is the only authorized agency for ECBIP 2021, as the officially appointed Professional Congress Organizer.